- Future-Ready PBL: Technology in Project-Based Science
Integrate tech, project-based learning and NGSS. Get hands-on experience with device-neutral apps that will support your science students through every step of the project cycle.
- Affordable Strategies for Integrating Cell Phones into the Classroom
Donated and student cell phones are a powerful no-cost solution to technology integration. Used in conjunction with various free web-based applications, teachers can offer students a more interactive learning experience.
- Harness the Power of Social Networking in Your Classroom, Safely and for FREE
Social networking can engage students, increase academic discussion and extend the school day. We’ll explore how to effectively utilize free social networking tools like Edmodo and My Big Campus in any classroom.
- Mobile Science: Unlock the Potential of iPads in the Field
Keeping iPads inside classrooms neglects the most powerful feature of these devices. See how the Monterey Bay Aquarium guides K-12 students to access and create information anywhere, using iPads.
- Rocky Research
Even elementary students understand the concept of bias. Watch us demonstrate a lesson in which students use that understanding to assess the reliability of internet sources. (Most appropriate for 3rd-8th.)
- Create Your Own $55 Interactive Whiteboard
In this session, participants will see a $55 Wiimote Whiteboard in action. The attending teachers will then create their own whiteboard to take back to their classrooms.